Adapted from Janine Smith (my mom)
When I eat at my parent’s house – I am always presented with fabulous, gourmet, healthy meals – prepared by my mom and often grilled by my dad. I try to recreate them at my house –and with the help of my master griller (my husband!) perfected our salmon with this lovely glaze. It’s so simple but delicious. Just enough flavor to please a sauce/ flavor junkie like me – but not too much to turn off the kids, who devour this. You can grill the salmon on a cedar plank or you can bake it in the oven, 350 degrees for about 20-25 minute. The salmon should gently flake when a fork is twisted into the middle. Pair with asparagus or a green salad with sesame dressing – it’s a hit anytime!
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar (add a little more for a sweeter taste)
- 4 tsp dijon mustard (I use whole grain)
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp rice wine vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1. Combine all ingredients in bowl and whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- 2. Pour over salmon before grilling or baking.
- 3. Extra glaze can be served on the side as a dipping sauce for those who like lots of sauce.
Serve over a bed of brown rice and grilled asparagus.
Serve with a side salad of greens, carrots, cucumber, rice crisps or low mein with an Asian flavored dressing.